The Statewide Field Team’s fall, winter, and spring professional learning calendar has been published. You will notice that we will primarily be meeting virtually for the Superintendent and Leadership Networks as well as the Collaborative Partner meetings. We are hopeful we will meet face-to-face in the spring. We are excited to offer two new online courses beginning this fall:
- Educational Improvement Through Systems course provides an introduction to what systems are and how systems function in schools. This course will address a variety of ideas around how systems in classrooms, schools, and districts support continuous improvement. This course is designed to help you learn about systems by examining a case study and looking at examples of systems from your daily life and your experiences in schools.
- Teacher Collaborative Routines (TCR) replaces TCR Floors 1, 2, and 3. This updated course consists of several modules designed to develop a theoretical understanding of each practice of teacher collaborative routines as defined in the Blueprint systems framework Evidence of Practice. This course provides not only the research supporting collaborative best practices, it also provides practical support and examples that will enable teachers to move from theory to impactful and sustainable collaborative routines. Participants will explore the purpose, the practices, and the steps necessary to:
- effectively engage in routines that focus on the design and delivery of high-quality instruction;
- build their skills collaboratively around different ways that students solve/approach subject-specific learning tasks;
- use academic and non-academic data to understand student learning needs and to collaboratively plan responsive instruction and additional support; and
- develop impactful peer observations, feedback, and instructional dialogue that enhances teachers’ ability to provide responsive instruction and supports.